The Seattle Foundation's GiveBIG is a one-day, online charitable giving event to inspire people to give generously to nonprofit organizations - like ours - who make our region a healthier and more vital place to live. Through a "stretch fund", The Seattle Foundation will match a portion of every gift made to Sound Experience & Adventuress!
Here's the trick: the more donations made to Sound Experience, the further those donation will be stretched. So rally your friends and family to GiveBIG to Sound Experience.
The 2014 GiveBIG date will be annouced near the first of the year.
How the Match Works
The Seattle Foundation will distribute the GiveBIG stretch pool on a proportional basis. What does that mean? If Sound Experience raises 3 percent of all the money raised through GiveBIG, then we will get 3 percent of the stretch pool. The more you give, the more of the stretch pool Sound Experience will get! Last year, every $100 in donations resulted in an additional $14 from the stretch pool, so every gift really does make a difference and results in more money for Adventuress & Sound Experience.
Thank you for your planned support Sound Experience. Here are some things you can do to make this day a huge success for Adventuress & Sound Experience:
- Mark your Calendar right now!
- Download and adopt this photo as your Facebook timeline cover photo (click to download):
- Don't have Facebook timeline yet? Download this other FB photo -->
- Tweet about Adventuress using the hashtags: #Adventuress and #GiveBIG
- Change your email signature to include the following: "I support nonprofit Sound Experience's youth and environmental mission while sailing aboard the historic schooner Adventuress!"I plan to GiveBIG so my gift to them will be stretched further. Will you join me? www.soundexp.org"
- Send an email to your family, friends, and coworkers telling them about Adventuress and GiveBIG