The Seattle Foundation's GiveBIG is a one-day, online charitable giving event to inspire people to give generously to nonprofit organizations - like ours - who make our region a healthier and more vital place to live. Through a "stretch fund", The Seattle Foundation will match a portion of every gift made to Sound Experience & Adventuress!
Here's the trick: the more donations made to Sound Experience, the further those donation will be stretched. So rally your friends and family to GiveBIG to Sound Experience on May 15th!
How the Match Works
The Seattle Foundation will distribute the GiveBIG stretch pool on a proportional basis. What does that mean? If Sound Experience raises 3 percent of all the money raised through GiveBIG, then we will get 3 percent of the stretch pool. The more you give, the more of the stretch pool Sound Experience will get! Last year, every $100 in donations resulted in an additional $14 from the stretch pool, so every gift really does make a difference and results in more money for Adventuress & Sound Experience.
Stated simply, a portion of your gift will be matched but we won't know that percentage until the end of the day on May 15th!
Thank you for your planned support on May 15th. Here are some things you can do to make this day a huge success for Adventuress & Sound Experience:
- Put May 15th in your Calendar right now!
- Download and adopt this photo as your Facebook timeline cover photo (click to download):
- Don't have Facebook timeline yet? Download this other FB photo -->
- Tweet about Adventuress using the hashtags: #Adventuress and #GiveBIG
- Change your email signature to include the following: "I support nonprofit Sound Experience's youth and environmental mission while sailing aboard the historic schooner Adventuress! On May 15th, I plan to GiveBIG on May 15th so my gift to them will be stretched further. Will you join me? www.soundexp.org"
- Send an email to your family, friends, and coworkers telling them about Adventuress and GiveBIG on May 15th!