The Mission of Sound Experience
We envision a future where everyone values Puget Sound and chooses to act as stewards of its treasured waters.
Sound Experience sails the historic schooner Adventuress to educate, inspire, and empower an inclusive community to make a difference for the future of our marine environment.
- Deliver powerful shipboard youth and adult programs that emphasize environmental stewardship, leadership, community and historic preservation
- Ensure that the public has access to visiting and sailing aboard the schooner Adventuress, a National Historic Landmark and Puget Sound treasure
- Create an inclusive, welcoming community that is physically and emotionally safe
- Support personal and professional growth and lifelong learning opportunities for crew, staff, and volunteers
- Model low-impact, sustainable living practices aboard Adventuress that contribute to a healthy Puget Sound and planet
- Steward the maintenance and restoration of the historic schooner Adventuress so that she will sail in perpetuity
- Create non-profit, private and public sector partnerships that contribute to environmental stewardship, youth engagement and historic preservation
- Maintain the highest ethical standards in all areas of the organization including the ship, the staff, and leadership