Sound Studies Program Goals
The goal of a Sound Studies program, as with all programs offered by Sound Experience, can be summarized in a single word: awareness. We believe that people will protect what they learn to value.
The most effective way to have a lasting impact is to meet the following goals for every program. Our goals for participants:
- Leave with a heightened awareness of Puget Sound as a fragile ecosystem, understand the concept of a whole system, and understand how Adventuress and the earth both illustrate this concept.
- Recognize the interrelationships that exist between all life. Identify the positive and negative impacts that they as individuals have on the Puget Sound ecosystem. Recognize their ability to take action by raising others’ awareness and by making responsible choices. Understand the necessity of cooperation as a course to action.
- Learn that Puget Sound is an incredible, diverse, and productive ecosystem and that the waterways we all share are fragile and need our care. Most importantly, students learn that they can make a difference.
- Experience working together to raise sails and learn about all the factors that help make a traditional sailing vessel function.
Continue below to learn more about how we can meet your groups goals and how you can join us for an experience aboard Adventuress.
- 3 hour Sound Studies
- 5 hour Sound Studies
- 3 hour Sound Studies: $1,150
- 5 hour Sound Studies: $1,675
- 3 hour Sound Studies: $1,210
- 5 hour Sound Studies: $1,760
Program ThemesSound Experience offers four themed options for your Sound Studies programs. Within each option is a specific selection of Learning Stations that complement each other to create a cohesive learning experience. For a detailed description of each station within each theme, please see the Educator Packet.
Learning Stations: Plankton, Life Aboard Ship, Marine Debris, Nautical Skills, Ocean Acidification.
Learning Stations: Life Aboard Ship, Marine Debris, Nautical Skills, Ocean Acidification, Mechanical Advantage
Learning Stations: Plankton, Marine Life, Life Aboard Ship, Nautical Skills, Ocean Acidification
Learning Stations: Marine Life, Life Aboard Ship, Nautical Skills, Navigation, Mechanical Advantage